The goals of Martin Luther King, Jr. High School counseling department are to prepare students for the world of work, provide career guidance and post-secondary information, conduct individual and group counseling, facilitate classroom guidance sessions, and serve the needs of the students, parents, staff, and the community.
Your counselor can help you with the following:
- Tips for Academic Success
- Tips for Time Management
- Test Taking Strategies
- Post-Secondary Planning (college, career)
- Tips for Conflict Resolution
- Tips for Effective Communication
- Help with Anger Management
- Academic Planning
- Reviewing your Transcript/Academic Record
- Schedule Change Requests- Student schedules will only be changed if they are currently taking a course they have previously taken and passed.
Please inform your teacher, counselor, or an administrator if you experience:
- Physical Abuse
- Threats by Others